A conference for preachers about proclaiming the Christian message effectively.
For the Greeks, kerygma was the word used for the content of a proclamation. For disciples of Jesus, kerygma is the core message of God's salvation history being fulfilled in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Rooted in 1 Corinthians 2:2-5, this conference explores various aspects of the preaching life in proclaiming the content and life of faith in Jesus Christ.
Mark your calendar! Spread the word!
April 1-2, 2019 • Memorial Road Church of Christ
From Monday, 1.30 PM - Tuesday, 3.30 PM
$100 person includes meals, snacks, and resources.
$25 for ministry students or those in grad school
At KERYGMA, you will be encouraged, challenged and equipped in thinking biblically, theologically and practically as a preacher. Sessions will focus on both the content and the craft of preaching in sharing the gospel and life.
NEW THIS YEAR!
• Youth Ministers who preach or plan to transition to preaching are welcome.
• Three sessions include immediate application of the learning with others at the conference*
•4 preachers will share 15 minutes each a way they are connecting and leading the church into their community
- Tim Anderson, Jr.--Southside, Birmingham, AL
- Alden Bass--Edmond, Oklahoma (OC)*
- Brad Cox--McKinney, TX
- Mark Frost--Grosse Ile, MI
- Kenneth Gilmore--Lancaster, TX
- Mark Hadley--Baton Rouge, LA
- Wade Hodges--Dallas, TX *
- Benjamin Neely--Mineral Springs, ARK
- Charles Rix--Oklahoma City (OC)*
- Chris Smith--Nashville, TN
- Why Philosophy Matters in Preaching (Gilmore)
- What I Learned about Preaching the Hard Way (Smith)
- Preaching through a Storm (Anderson)
- Staying Fresh: Four Decades of Preaching in the Same Congregation (Frost)
- The Imaginative Preacher: Bringing Creativity into Your Message (Cox)
- Discerning the Spirit: Preaching as a Communal Act (Bass)
- What Comedians Teach Us about Preaching and Using Humor (Neeley)
- A Journey from Youth Ministry to Preaching (Hadley)
- The Eyes Have It: Delivery Skills for Effective Communication (Hodges)
- Wrestling with God's Message and Mystery (Rix)
Recordings from 2018 available here--KERYGMA 2018
Here's what others are saying about KERYGMA--
Just a short note to say thank you for Kerygma! Well done! May the Lord bless the seed that was sown in the hearts of all those who came to hear, think, question, seek, pray, encourage and be encouraged.Randy Todd, Woodland West, ArlingtonJust wanted to say thanks for a great program at Kergyma this week. Keep up the good work!Brian Lewis, Southwest, AdaGreat two days. Thanks for stretching us.Dewayne Case, NE, OKCGreat job friend! Loved the diverse topics and focus on relationships and even the more intimate venue. Top notch and well worth the time.Brad Cox, High Point, McKinney, TXJob well done. Really appreciated the men you lined up. From my perspective, it went really well. Thanks for all the work to make Kerygma happen.Travis Akins, Memorial, OKC
Preachers need other preachers in authentic relationships and helpful conversations about preaching.
Being a preacher is more than a job; it is a calling – a vocation of faithfully proclaiming God’s message in good times and bad. It is a rewarding and, often, lonely calling. This is why we need each other.
Kerygma is a time and space for preachers to consider the discipline of proclaiming the Christian message in a post-Christian culture.
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of