July 15-20, 2018
Oklahoma Christian University is pleased to offer the second annual Theology Summer Academy, a Christian leadership development program for high school students currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade. This one-week summer residency combines in-depth study, practical faith formation, and exploration of one's callings in life—all with the aim of helping students discern how to make a Christ-like difference in their communities and churches.
TSA is designed for young women and men who seek rich spiritual growth and meaningful experiences with like-minded peers, and who demonstrate the skills to succeed in college-level courses. During the program, students will learn and practice Christian leadership and think practically about how to be faithful in challenging situations. By the end of the program, they will have expanded their theological knowledge, come to a fuller understanding of their identity and vocation, and developed plans for faithful action at home.
We believe theologically reflective and practice-oriented young Christians will help churches and other ministries respond faithfully to the complex challenges of our world—both now and in the future.
The weeklong residency will take place on the campus of Oklahoma Christian University, during which participants will follow rhythms of worship, classes, and spiritual disciplines, and make trips to meaningful places in Oklahoma City. Sharing these elements of life, as well as meals and recreational activities, help build community and new friendships.
All participants will be enrolled in two courses that include both classroom time as well as field experiences throughout the weeklong session. Each participant may earn a total of two hours of transferable university credit. Credits are based on face-to-face instruction time as well as structured online activity before the residency. All grades are determined on a pass/fail scale.
Applicants must be high school students currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade and should submit the following in order to apply:
- A completed electronic application form, including signed medical and media waivers
- A $100 deposit, required at the end of the application (refunded if the application is not accepted)
- A high school transcript (official or unofficial)
- A recommendation letter from a non-family member familiar with the student’s academic ability (if the student has not taken the ACT/SAT/PSAT or has a score of less than 21/980/98)
The cost of attendance per student for 2018 is $600. The total value for this program is more than $1,400, but OC provides tuition remission scholarships valued at over $800 to bring the cost to $600. A $100 deposit is required when you apply and the full balance is due by May 25, 2018.
Discounts are available! Any combination of the following may be used for a total discount of up to $100.
- TSA Nomination: If you are nominated for TSA, you'll receive a $25 discount per nomination
- Early Applicant: Apply before December 31, 2017 to receive a $50 discount
- Refer a Friend: Get a friend to apply and you'll receive a $50 discount
- Other discounts are available to students of Christian schools (email email@example.com for details)
Need-based scholarships are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about additional funding opportunities.