Other Scholarships and Grants
Maximum OC scholarships and tuition discounts may not exceed full tuition up to 18 hours. Awards will be pro-rated for part-time enrollment. Excluding OC Grant and the Church Match Scholarship, students may receive no more than one award from this section.
- Art/Design Scholarship: This scholarship is for first-time OC students majoring in art or design. It is worth $1000 per year for up to 10 semesters. A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Students must submit 5 works of art to be considered for this scholarship. To apply, a student should complete the OC application for admission and contact the Department of Art and Design at (405) 425-5556. Early applications will be given priority.
- Biblical Studies: Oklahoma Christian University applicants interested in ministry majors are encouraged to apply for College of Biblical Studies endowed scholarship awards. Award amounts vary and include half and full tuition scholarships (when combined with other OC scholarships) for qualified applicants. Visit http://www.oc.edu/biblescholarships. Select and complete the “New Student Bible Scholarship Major Application” no later than January 15, 2010. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Richard Wright at email@example.com. For more information on scholarships for those desiring to prepare for pulpit ministry click here.
- Christian Engineering Scholarship: The Christian Engineering Scholarship (CES) gives students a chance to earn a full-tuition scholarship in their third and fourth years. For more information, please visit www.oc.edu/ces. To apply, complete the OC application and contact the engineering admissions counselor for additional requirements. Priority deadline for this scholarship is March 7.
- Church Match Scholarship: This scholarship is for students who receive a scholarship from a congregation of the churches of Christ. OC will match dollar for dollar up to $500 per student per academic year (August through May). To apply for this scholarship, the church must complete the Church Match Application Form with the signatures of two church officials.
- Music Scholarship: This scholarship is for first-time freshmen students who demonstrate exceptional musical ability and accomplishment. It is renewable for up to 10 semesters. Scholarship amounts will vary depending on student's ability and music department need. A student must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and continue to participate in music. To apply, a student should complete the OC application for admission and contact the music department at (405) 425-5530 for audition requirements. Students should schedule an audition in the fall semester or early in the spring semester. Additional information concerning OC's music department is available at www.oc.edu/music.
- International Scholarship: This scholarship is for students who are citizens of foreign countries and ineligible for federal aid or for one of OC's academic scholarship awards. It is worth $2000 per year for up to 10 semesters. A student must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA. To apply, complete OC's international student application for admission.
- Northwest Endowment Fund: After the closing of Cascade College, OC's branch campus in Portland, Oregon, a scholarship fund was created with the existing endowed scholarship assets from Cascade College. These endowed scholarship funds are now used as specified by the donors to provide scholarships for students from the region traditionally served by Cascade College. Students wishing to attend Oklahoma Christian from the Pacific Northwest are welcome to apply for a scholarship from the Northwest Endowment Fund. Scholarship applications are available at www.oc.edu/nwef.
- OC Grant: This grant is funded by the university and is based on a family's financial need. OC Grant will combine with any other award(s). A student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for this award.
- ROTC Room & Board Discount: This scholarship is awarded to students who have been chosen for ROTC Academic Scholarships. It is valid for up to 10 semesters as long as the student maintains the academic scholarship requirements set by ROTC. A student must be enrolled at Oklahoma Christian and register for classes at other institutions through Oklahoma Christian. To apply, complete the OC application for admission with verification from ROTC of the academic scholarship and amount. The value of the Room and Board Scholarship will be determined by calculating the ROTC Academic Scholarships as a percentage of tuition. Oklahoma Christian will match the standard room and board rate. This will include all OC monies including the Academic Scholarship. Additional information about the Air Force ROTC Program can be found online atwww.ou.edu/ROTC/air-force. Additional information about the Army ROTC program can be found online at http://busn.uco.edu/armyrotc/.
- Theatre/Drama Scholarship: This scholarship is for first-time OC students demonstrating theatrical abilities. It is renewable for up to 10 semesters. Scholarship amounts will vary depending on student's ability and theatre department need. A student must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and continue to participate in theatre. To apply, a student should complete the OC application for admission and contact the theatre department at (405) 425-5556 for audition requirements.
- University Athletic Scholarship : This scholarship is for first-time OC students desiring to play junior varsity sports. It is worth $1,500 per year for up to 10 semesters. A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. To apply, a student should complete the OC application for admission and contact the athletic department at (405) 425-5350.
- Varsity Athletics: Oklahoma Christian University is a member of the NAIA and offers a wide variety of collegiate sports. For more information, please contact the athletic office (405)425-5350.