7 Great Things about OKC
Moving to a new place can be quite the adventure. Luckily for you, we’re located in Oklahoma City, one of the coolest, up-and-coming cities in America. Whether you’re here on a visit or moving here to start your journey at OC, we recommend these great ways to get to know this amazing city.
- OC is located just 15 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City.
- We are proud to be the home of the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder.
- We are part of a city that is booming. The Paseo Arts District and Automobile Alley are only a couple of the areas that are being revitalized in OKC.
- Need your nature fix? Check out the Myriad Botanical Gardens or take a bike ride around some of our lakes (Lake Hefner or Lake Arcadia are close by!).
- If you’re a foodie, then OKC is the place for you! We have a large number of trendy food outlets you’ll love. We recommend Elemental Coffee, Green Goodies Cupcakes, Organic Squeeze, Big Truck Tacos, just to name a few.
- We are located in the middle of the state so we’re a quick two-hour drive to Tulsa or a three-hour drive to Dallas, which is great for weekend trips!
- We are proud of our heritage and history. You can visit the Oklahoma History Center and National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum to see where we came from and visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum to learn how resilient our community is.
Congrats ... you’re an Eagle! Now what?
We get a lot of questions about what the next steps are after you’ve been accepted. There are a lot of different pieces so the process can often be confusing. These steps will outline what to do next in a quick and easy manner. If you have any additional questions about the process, feel free to contact us at 405.425.5050 or email@example.com.
- Pay your enrollment deposit! Before you can do anything else, you have to pay your $250 deposit at oc.edu/enrollmentdeposit. It is refundable until May 1, at which time it becomes nonrefundable. But a few weeks after you’ve started classes at OC, we will refund the $250 to your student account.
- As part of the enrollment deposit payment, you’ll be asked to sign up for a new student orientation program called Take Flight. We offer three dates, one in May, one in June, and one in August. You’ll want to choose the date that works best for your schedule.
- Housing Application – Approximately 48 hours after you pay your enrollment deposit, you will receive an email to fill out a housing application. This application does not include selecting a roommate or a room preference so you still have plenty of time to figure that out! It’s just a form to identify your preferences for roommate selection later on (in about mid-June).
- Get your financial aid in order! If you’ve been accepted prior to our February 15 deadline and you’re looking to increase your academic scholarship, you need to send us any new ACT/SAT scores and high school transcripts immediately so we can update your record and see if you qualify for a different scholarship. You’ll also want to get your FAFSA into us to complete your financial package. You will want to wait until your taxes for the previous year are completed before submitting your FAFSA.
- Join our Accepted Students Facebook group – You will receive an invitation via email to the group and we encourage you to join! It is a great way to meet other people in your area and major of interest, and to look for possible roommates.
Top 7 Admissions Tips
Finding the right college is tough. Every university seems to have a different deadline, different requirements, and a completely different process. That’s why our application process is easy and straightforward. These steps will ensure that all the T’s are crossed and the I’s are dotted for your application. And, as always, you can contact us with any additional questions at 405.425.5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the admissions process and required materials - Review the admissions process and required materials. http://www.oc.edu/admissions/undergraduate/admission-process/
- Decide on a deadline – We offer an early acceptance deadline, which is non-binding, and allows you to earn some cool swag! Our early acceptance deadline is December 15! http://www.oc.edu/admissions/undergraduate/admission-process/early-admit-deadline.html
- Fill out our Net Price Calculator – This will start giving you an idea of what to expect financially when you choose to attend OC. www.oc.edu/netprice
- Send us your supplement items! – If you are a first-time college student, we require ACT/SAT test scores and a high school transcript. If you are a transfer student, with more than 14 credit hours at another university, we need a college transcript. Sending these to us will complete your application and allow us to review you for acceptance!
- Let us get to know you! – Once you’ve applied, you will hear from our incredible admissions counselors. Let us get to know you and help you see if OC is the right fit!
- Come for a campus visit – We would love to show you why OC is home! We have a variety of campus visit options and you can choose the one that is right for you. www.oc.edu/campusvisit