The following is a step-by-step guide for completing OC’s international student admission process for undergraduate studies. Please complete each step below as soon as possible for priority consideration. You may email documents to your international admissions counselor. Official transcripts and bank statements must be presented to the International Office before starting classes.
2. PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
International applicants must send official, original English proficiency test scores. OC accepts the following minimum English proficiency test scores:
- TOEFL - 61 iBT (500 pBT) - ETS School Code: 6086
- IELTS - 6.0
- TOEIC - 600
No English proficiency score is required for students applying to OC's intensive English language program, the Language & Culture Institute (LCI).
Send English proficiency scores by post or courier to the address below.
Submit transcripts (grade reports) for all high school and university studies, as well as original, official diplomas, certificates, and national examination results. All educational documents must be in English or sent with an official English translation.
4. STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
Send a signed Statement of Understanding which describes the rules and expectations of an international student at Oklahoma Christian University.
5. COPY OF PASSPORT PAGE
6. FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
- Send bank statements or letters showing a total balance of at least $30,526 (the estimated cost per year, to live and study full time at Oklahoma Christian University). Confirmed OC scholarships may also count toward proof for this total amount.
- Submit a completed Financial Worksheet.
After the above admission requirements have been received and evaluated, OC may issue a final admission letter and I-20. The admission letter and I-20 will be sent to admitted students with F-1 visa instructions.
NEXT STEPS FOR ALL ADMITTED STUDENTS
1. Before enrolling, new students should complete and submit the following:
- Health Form - may be sent by email
- Go to OC's Housing page to reserve your dormitory or apartment space.
2. New students are required to attend Take Flight and Earn Your Wings, a one-week, new student orientation the week before the fall semester starts in August.
Send these additional immigration documents:
- I-94 card (front and back)
- All previous I-20's
Send a OC SEVIS Transfer Release Form, signed by the transfer student, and completed and sent by the university which holds the student's current SEVIS record.
Please note that students must hold legal status in the United States to be eligible for admission.