- OC’s RN to BSN program has a strong Christian leadership component throughout the entire program.
- Our program is all online.
- Students can take one or two courses every eight weeks with flexible assignment dates.
- The normal $25 application fee is waived for all RN to BSN applicants!
- Official transcripts verifying an AA or AS degree-maximum of 65 credit hours can be transferred from a 2-year college.
- An overall cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Copy of current United States RN licensure from the state in which you are implementing the required practicum assignments.
- Copy of current health insurance.
- Copy of current immunizations.
- In good standing with the Board of Nursing in state of current licensure.
- Access to a computer and high-speed Internet.
- Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to progress within the nursing program.
- Students must comply with the nursing RN to BSN program policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 126 credit hour equivalents are required for graduation with a BSN degree from OC. Credit for general education requirements must be met as determined by degree audit by the OC Registrar’s Office after review of all official college transcripts.
- The following general education courses will be offered online as part of the RN to BSN degree completion program, unless these course requirements already have been met: Microbiology; Statistics; Humanities; 6 hours of Bible: Urban Ministries and Bible Capstone course.
- If a student has an AAS degree in nursing, the Oklahoma Board of Regents requires additional general education requirements.
- Applicants will receive credit as needed for the following prerequisite courses, plus 2000-level and 3000-level nursing courses (with the exception of Missions), based on ”extracurricular experiences”: completion of an associate’s degree in nursing, successful passage of NCLEX-RN, and meeting annual education requirements of healthcare facilities:
- 6 hours - Anatomy and Physiology
- 3 hours - Chemistry
- 3 hours - Nutrition
- 3 hours - Developmental Psychology
- 3 hours - College Algebra
Nursing Core Curriculum (27 hours):
- Transition to Professional Nursing
- Transforming Care: Nursing Theory in Practice
- Health Care and Christian Service
- Treatment Modalities
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Go Into All the World: Community Nursing
- Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice
- Contemporary Christian Nursing Leadership
- Trends & Issues (ethical/legal) for Professional Nurses
- RN to BSN Nursing Capstone