Checklist for Application
All the following items MUST be in your nursing file one month prior to start of your cohort.
- Completed OC undergraduate application (online)
- Completed RN to BSN supplemental information form (online)
- Official transcripts verifying an AA, AS degree - (maximum of 65 credit hours can be transferred from a 2 year college)
- An overall cumulative GPA 2.5
- A copy of current United States RN License
- A copy of current immunizations: MMR x 2, Hepatitis B series (3 vaccines), Varicella vaccination or titer are required
- A copy of current TB screening or chest x-ray
- A copy of current CPR card: Your CPR card MUST NOT expire during your time in the RN to BSN program. The ONLY ACCEPTED PROVIDER IS THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION.
- A copy of your Health insurance card showing current dates of coverage. All applicants are required to carry personal health insurance to remain in good standing in the RN to BSN program.
- Background Check completed through Group One. Please log onto the following website and complete the application: https://extranet.dfwhc.org/students. A credit card is required. The nursing office will be able to access a copy of the completed background check.
Those students meeting admission criteria will receive a letter of "conditional acceptance" prior to the beginning of the cohort class. Please be aware that you will be required to present any items marked on your conditional acceptance letter prior to the start of classes.
Please work closely with the nursing office (405.425.1920) to assure that your folder is accurate and complete. The nursing department fax number is 405.425.1925.
IMPORTANT: If an applicant is NOT currently employed by a healthcare facility, a current negative drug screen will be required. PLEASE NOTE: The results of the background check will determine the students' eligibility to continue in the RN to BSN program.
Oklahoma Christian University School of Nursing Contact Information
Oklahoma Christian University
School of Nursing
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
|Term & Session||Start Date||Application Cut Off|
|Cohort A||May 1, 2014||April 15, 2014|
|Cohort B||September 2, 2014||August 15, 2014|
|Cohort C||January 2, 2015||December 14, 2014|
|Cohort D||May 1, 2015||April 12, 2015|
|Cohort E||September 1, 2015||August 9, 2015|
|Cohort F||January 4, 2016||December 13, 2015|
|Cohort G||May 2, 2016||April 10, 2016|
All dates are subject to change.