After meeting the criteria for admission to Oklahoma Christian University, the applicants will be ranked according to OC's School of Nursing Weighted Admission Tool. Applicants are admitted into the nursing program based on the following requirements:
- Federal criminal background checks* and drug screening*
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- A "proficient' score or higher on the ATI TEAS admission exam within the previous 12 months. Students will have two attempts per application period to make the required score.
- It is suggested that no more than 15 credit hours of OC core curriculum be outstanding at the time of application.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency. International students must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC scores. The minimum score for admission is TOEFL - 500 PBT or 61 IBT or higher, IELTS - 6.0 or higher, TOIEC - 600 or higher.
*Persons who have been convicted of a crime, other than a minor traffic violation, could be ineligible for admission to the nursing program and/or for registered nurse licensure in the state of Oklahoma even though they successfully complete the program.
See core curriculum requirements section for general education and Bible requirements for bachelor degrees in the current edition of the OC Catalog. Please contact the School of Nursing for further information.