The department offers a variety of scholarships and other opportunities to help finance the cost of an undergraduate education including:
1. First-time students should complete the MyOC Scholarship Application Report to be considered for $1,000 awards.
2. Contact the department to obtain and complete the Language and Literature Scholarship Application (including a writing sample) to be considered for larger, departmental scholarships. A limited number of these scholarships are available.
3. The Rose Taylor Scholarship is awarded to returning students who are majors in the department and who are selected by faculty for academic performance, leadership, and other qualities of outstanding students.
4. Writing Center tutors may be paid from Work Study funds or through regular salary lines. Positions are limited and available to students through applications with Gail Nash, Writing Center director.
5. All majors should complete the Work Study application process to be considered for a variety of departmental positions, including Writing Center tutors, office assistants, or other positions.
6. Soundings editors are eligible for a scholarship offered each year through an endowed fund established by L&L faculty, alumni, and friends.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Cami Agan