Welcome to the Dialogismos eJournal. Please use the links to the right to view recent articles and explorations, review articles, and book reviews.
Dr. Charles Rix
Dr. James D. Dvorak
Mr. Josh Bailey
Mr. Chris Rosser
Dr. Mary Conway, McMaster Divinity College
Dr. James D. Dvorak, Oklahoma Christian University
Dr. Linda King, St. Paul School of Theology
Dr. Doug Peters, Oklahoma Christian University
Dr. Charles Rix, Oklahoma Christian University
Dr. Grant Testut, Oklahoma Christian University
Dr. Jonathan Watt, Geneva College
Dr. Xiaxia “Esther” Xue, China Graduate School of Theology
About. Dialogismos (διαλογισμ?ς: the content or result of thorough reasoning) is a fully refereed, online,
Mission. Dialogismos contributes to
Vision. Dialogismos will generate critical yet reasoned dialogue on various topics in biblical and theological studies and related fields by creating a context for discussing and testing ideas, for discerning what is beneficial, and for clinging to what is good (cf. 1 Thess. 5:21).
Submissions. Dialogismos accepts submissions in three categories (the category should be labeled appropriately at
- Articles – full-length (i.e., 8000–10,000 words, excluding footnotes), fully-developed pieces that reflect clear theory/model/methodology applied to a pertinent topic or text.
- Explorations – more tentative and exploratory pieces that may not be as fully developed as articles but are still worthy of publication in order to generate interest and dialogue; these are still expected to reflect clear theoretical and methodological thought, but conclusions and applications may yet be tentative (minimum of 5000 words)
- Reviews/Review Articles – reviews of books, articles, software, theories, models, methods; review articles are more substantial examinations and evaluations of books, articles, theories, models, methods and should have a minimum of 5000 words
Submissions should be in English and should follow the most recent edition of the Turabian style guide (footnote and bibliography style, not author-date style). Please use the fonts available from SBL for biblical languages. Submissions not following the style guide will be returned to the author for revision before being considered by the editors.
Submissions should be sent in electronic format (Microsoft Word or RTF format) to Mr. Josh Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with an abstract not longer than 100 words and an identification of the type of article being submitted (i.e., article, exploration, review). By submitting, the author agrees that she or he has not already published the work elsewhere. If published in Dialogismos, the author agrees to not publish the work elsewhere without permission.
Copyright notice. All materials published in Dialogismos, in any format (electronic or print) are copyrighted by Oklahoma Christian University. Items published in Dialogismos are published under Creative Commons licenses. Authors publishing in Dialogismos can use the following Creative Commons licenses for their articles:
- Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY)
- Creative Commons Non-Commercial license (CC BY-NC)
- Creative Commons non-Commercial No Derivatives license (CC BY-NC-ND).
Please click here for more information about the Creative Commons licenses.
Contact. Inquiries and general correspondence may be directed to:
Dr. James D. Dvorak
Graduate School of Theology
Oklahoma Christian University
2501 E. Memorial Road
Edmond OK 73013