Students in Oklahoma Christian University’s Graduate School of Theology pursue their master’s degree for various reasons. Whatever your goal, our admission standards assure that students who are admitted to graduate studies are prepared and able to succeed.
There are three types of admission to the Oklahoma Christian Graduate School of Theology:
- Degree Seeking (refers to the majority of students - those who are ready to pursue a degree program)
- Non-Degree Seeking (describes students who are admitted with the intention of taking limited coursework, such as those wanting to study only one specific subject)
- Admission to audit courses
To be considered for admission to OC’s Graduate School of Theology, you must have a completed bachelor’s degree (or are about to complete a bachelor’s degree) from a regionally accredited university with a 3.0 cumulative GPA. From there, you will need to do the following:
- Complete an online application.
- Pay a $25 application fee at the end of the application.
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- Write an essay describing your ministry goals and the reasons you want to pursue graduate studies in OC’s Graduate School of Theology. This should be at least two pages, double-spaced.
- Have three individuals submit an online recommendation form (one academic, one ministerial, and one other person not related to you) on your behalf.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements may be admitted on probation, which may be removed upon the completion of 12 graduate hours with a 3.0 GPA and recommendation from the faculty.
All domestic application materials should be mailed to:
Oklahoma Christian University Graduate School of Theology
PO Box 11000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73136
Please note that official transcripts must be mailed in their original, sealed envelopes.