Study Software Engineering at OC
ECE Department has added a Software Engineering emphasis to both computer and electrical engineering. It is yet another reason why getting an EE or CE degree at OC is your Golden Ticket, and gives you an even greater competitive edge in your job search.
ECE is The Golden Ticket
In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the whole world looks for the five Golden Tickets Willy Wonka has hidden in his chocolate bars. But the Golden Ticket is in plain sight in college education: a degree in computer or electrical engineering. Why is ECE the Golden Ticket?
- The Job Market (Every tech company wants engineers because they are trained to solve complicated problems; and engineers with software knowledge because the computer is at the center of the workplace. A computer or electrical engineering degree is exactly what they want!)
- The Career (Engineers get to work on new technology, and have many options to work on technology to help people. They are treated with respect and very well paid.)
- The Life-style (You will be paid enough and have enough time off to pursue your passion. Whether it is music, art, travelling, service or mission trips, as an engineer you will have the time and resources to have a full and meaningful life.)
- Best graduation rate on campus and of any known ECE program
- Best job placement (100% of our graduates are getting jobs)
- Hands-on curricula taught by experienced faculty
- The only known electrical engineering program where you can get an emphasis on software engineering, and one of the few computer engineering programs where you can emphasize software engineering.
- Academic Information: Learn about the CE and EE degree plans, and the new Software Engineering emphases.
- Future ECE Students: Find out how to get more information, ESA and the advantages of our programs.
- ECE Community: Take a peak at Fundamentals and Systems, the begining and end of your degree.
- ECE Department at a Glance: Review enrollment numbers and some history about the ECE department.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Real-time Operating Systems
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Data Communications and Networking
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Computer Systems
- Systems Design
- All Courses
What I Can Do With My Degree
A better question is "What CAN'T I do with a degree in computer or electrical engineering?" Typical careers are in Aerospace, Computer/Software Development, Digital Television, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, New Technologies for Airplanes, Cars, Space Vehicles, Phones, Security Systems and Telescopes. But IEEE Spectrum (February 2013) publishes a list of Dream Jobs every year that electrical and computer engineers do. Here are some of them:
- A teacher who helps high school students build high-efficiency cars
- A designer who created ski goggles with heads up display
- A music lover who designs high performance speakers
- A software developer who helps teacher develop online courses
- A sailor who was the engineer on the first solar boat to circumnavigate the globe