Wish List Items
Click here to make your secure online donation. Please tell us which item you are contributing toward in the Donor Comments section on the donation page. Thank you for your donation and your support of our Chemistry & Physics students!
- Strengthen the overall chemistry and biochemistry curriculum
- Use NMR techniques in laboratories for general chemistry, organic chemistry, undergraduate research, and upper level courses such as physical chemistry, instrumental analysis, inorganic chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Better prepare students for graduate works and employment in the sciences
- Enhance our students' understanding of chemistry and the relatedness of each sub-discipline of chemistry.
Thanks to donations from three OC science alumni, the department now has a new GC.
2. Gas Chromatograph, Varian 3900 GC, $25,000 each, need one
- Gas Chromatograph (GC) for Teaching General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- While our current instrument, a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectroscope (GC/MS), is a valuable tool for learning the fundamentals of gas chromatography.
- Undergraduate students conducting research experiments also could use this simpler instrument.
Thanks to the Seminole OCWA chapter, the department now has a new observatory installed on the roof of the science building.
3. Observatory Pod
Thanks to gifts for equipment, the ultracentrifuge was purchased jointly by the Chemistry & Physics and Biology Departments.
4. Laboratory Preparative Ultracentrifuge, Beckman Coulter Optima L-100XP with 70Ti Rotor, $24,000
- Incorporation into the Biochemistry courses and Undergraduate Research
- Preparation of tissue fractions
- Preparation of liver microsomal tissues for enzyme kinetic studies