To Audition for a Preaching Scholarship:
No later than February 15th, complete all of the steps below.
1. If you have not already done so, fill out the New Student Bible Major Scholarship Application
2. Have a church leader fill out the Student Recommendation Form. Note: this online recommendation form iscurrently in process and will be ready on or before 1-27-15. Please check back on that date. In the meantime, if you would like a hard copy of the recommendation form emailed to you, please contact Dr. Doug Peters at email@example.com.
3. Submit a one-page sermon synopsis containing the following:
- One primary biblical text.
- A Focus Statement - a short description of the central theme of the sermon - what the sermon is about.
- A Function Statement - a short description of the desired change in the hearers - what the sermon aims to do.
- A brief outline of the introduction, main body (points or moves), and conclusion.
4. Submit an 8-10 minute video of the applicant preaching the sermon described in the one-page synopsis.
Note: To upload both your video and the one-pagesermon synopsis mentioned above, please use this uploading tool.
Recommendations, outlines and videos will be evaluated by the Baugh Chair of Gospel Preaching and other Bible faculty.
Preaching Scholarships combined with Bible and Academic Scholarships:
|Academic Scholarship||Preaching||Bible||Annual Total|
The total award for individual students may be adjusted based on amount available in endowed scholarship funds.