At Oklahoma Christian University, we believe that children matter! They matter to God. They matter to the church of Jesus Christ. They matter because of who they are - complete human beings made in the image of God. The church gathered is bereft without them. In fact, can the church be the church without children present?
OC’s Certification in Children’s Ministry is designed for anyone interested in ministering to children but lacks the necessary preparation and training to do so effectively. It is ideal for those who are:
- Interested in a lifetime commitment to ministering to children and their families
- Presently leading the children’s ministry in congregations
- Graduates who now want to specialize in children’s ministry
- Ministry leaders or Bible class teachers desiring to acquire specialized training in children’s ministry
And you will receive this Certification from the College of Biblical Studies at Oklahoma Christian University without quitting your job or moving! Please spend a moment looking closely at this program and see how it can transform you and your ministry.
Complete in as little as 9 months or up to 2 years.
Phase One (September 1): The first phase is accomplished through online modules that take students through 10 different topics, providing a variety of knowledge, skills, and concepts in Children’s Ministry. These modules are:
- Introduction to Children’s Ministry
- Teaching Preschool Children (0-5 years)
- Teaching Elementary Children (1st-5th grade)
- Spiritual Development of Children
- Volunteers and Staff in Children’s Ministry
- Safety and Security
- Curriculum Development for Children’s Ministry
- Ministering to Children Across Cultures
- Ministry to the Disabled Child
- Connecting Children, Families and the Church
Phase Two (May Seminar): The second phase is a “Certification Seminar” held every May. It is the capstone of the program and will include collaborative student work on case studies, student projects, guest speakers, and interactive training.