The requirements for a minor in professional education must also be met.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Education degree in Science will:
1. Have acquired competency in a broad general education through study in the liberal arts by successfully completing the university core curriculum and passing the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET).
2. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of their chosen area of science by achieving a 3.00 GPA in the major field and passing the Oklahoma Subject Area Test
(OSAT) appropriate to the major field.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 20 hours core science courses
- CHEM-1115 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM-1215 - General Chemistry II
- GNSC-1711 - Freshman Science Seminar
- GNSC-2313 - Physical Science I: the Earth
- GNSC-2323 - Physical Science II: Astronomy
- GNSC-3711 - Junior Science Seminar
- GNSC-4721 - Science Modeling and Strategies
- PHYS-1114 - College Physics I
2. 12 hours physical science
- CHEM-2113 - Introduction to Forensic Science
- CHEM-3115 - Organic Chemistry I
- PHYS-1214 - College Physics II
3. 7 hours upper division chemistry or physics
Licensure: science – grades 6-12
4. 25 semester hours professional education
- EDUC-3121 - Orientation to Teacher Education
- EDUC-3122 - The School in American Culture
- EDUC-3213 - Learning, Instruction and Assessment
- EDUC-3422 - Educational Technology
- EDUC-3723 - Education of the Exceptional Child
- EDUC-4013 - Human Relations and Behavior Management
- EDUC-4131 - Applied Instructional and Assessment Strategies
- EDUC-4132 - Critical Issues in Education
- EDUC-4718 - Student Teaching in the Secondary School
5. 5 hours other courses
6. 3 hours methods course
7. Foreign language competency
High School Foreign Language – 2 years of same language with a grade of “C” or better
University credit – 3 hours foreign language or American Sign Language with a grade of “C” or better.
- Environmental Protection
- Forensic Science
- Health and Medical
- Oil, Gas and Power
- Primary and Secondary Education