An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication Electronic Media-Broadcast Management will:
1. Have been encouraged to sustain or adopt a Christian worldview characterized by participation in a Christian community.
2. Have been encouraged to successfully balance career, family, church, and community.
3. Be familiar with the appropriate theories of communication.
4. Have developed the appropriate writing styles and skills expected by future employers or graduate programs.
5. Have an understanding of the fundamentals or research and be able to interpret research findings.
6. Understand the ethics of communication.
7. Be able successfully to pursue a career as a media salesperson or on-air radio personality possessing the talents to advance beyond an entry-level of
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 10 hours mass communication core courses
- COMM-2613 - Media, Faith and Culture
- COMM-4631 - Senior Seminar in Communication
- COMM-4713 - Media Law
- COMM-4723 - Media Ethics
2. 5 hours experience
You must take COMM-1371 or COMM-1381 each semester after completing
COMM-1211. After satisfying the major requirement, additional workshop hours
will count toward the 126 hours required for the degree. Internships may be
substituted for two of these hours.
3. 32 hours media management required
- COMM-1211 - Introduction to Electronic Media
- COMM-1381 - Advanced Broadcast Workshop
- COMM-2113 - Writing Across Media
- COMM-2213 - Voice and Articulation
- COMM-2643 - Media Production
- COMM-2813 - Advertising Principles
- COMM-3343 - Campaigns
- COMM-3633 - Audio for Media
- COMM-3653 - Television Field Production
- COMM-3723 - Interviewing
- COMM-3733 - Media Marketing and Sales
- COMM-4513 - Administrative Aspects of Electronic Media
4. 3 hours news elective
5. 3 hours business required
6. 6 hours business electives
any management or marketing course