B.S. Degree in Mass Communication Electronic Media-Creative Media
56 hours, no minor required
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication Electronic Media-Creative Media (Content Creation) will:
- Have been encouraged to sustain or adopt a Christian worldview characterized by participation in a Christian community.
- Have been encouraged to balance successfully career, family, church, and community.
- Be familiar with the appropriate theories of communication.
- Have developed the appropriate writing styles and skills expected by future employers or graduate programs.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals or research and be able to interpret research findings.
- Understand the ethics of communication.
- Be able successfully to pursue a career as an independent video producer or as a member of a media team in a corporation or be able successfully to pursue graduate studies.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 10 hours mass communication core courses
- COMM-2613 - Media and Society
- COMM-4631 - Senior Seminar in Communication
- COMM-4713 - Media Law
- COMM-4723 - Media Ethics
2. Five hours experience-
You must take COMM-1371 or COMM-1381 each semester after completing COMM-1211. After satisfying the major requirement, additional workshop hours will count toward the 126 hours required for the degree. Internships may be substituted for two of these hours.
3. 35 hours creative media required
- COMM-1211 - Intro to Electronic Media
- COMM-1381 - Advanced Broadcasting Workshop
- COMM-2643 - Media Production
- COMM-2723 - Screenwriting for Tv and Movies
- COMM-3343 - Advertising Copywriting
- COMM-3633 - Audio for Media
- COMM-3653 - Television Field Production
- COMM-3703 - Computer Graphics for Broadcast
- COMM-3723 - Interviewing
- COMM-3733 - Media Mrk and Sales
- COMM-4123 - Electronic News Producing
- COMM-4513 - Adm Aspects Electrn Media
4. 6 hours art required
- ARTS-1103 - Technology for Graphics
- Digital Media Professional
- Events Planner
- News Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Sound Engineer
- Web Designer
For more information, contact:
Dr. Larry Jurney