B.S. Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies
This degree program is designed for the highly motivated student who is seeking insight in several areas of knowledge rather than a deep insight into only one. An interdisciplinary curriculum, including such areas as the social, religious, political, and scientific, will aid the student in understanding contemporary American culture and his or her place in it. This degree program also serves the student who wishes to craft a program of studies from existing courses and majors in order to lay a foundation for a specific career or professional goal not addressed by other OC majors. For example, a student interested in operating a music production studio may propose an academic plan combining courses from the business, music, and communication departments.
Each student will design a program with the aid of an advisor and submit the program proposal to the department of interdisciplinary studies for approval. The program must be approved by the interdisciplinary studies committee, composed of the student’s advisor, the chair of the department of interdisciplinary studies, and the Registrar. Usually, the program is submitted during the
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 60 hours, 39 of which must Be 3000/4000 level courses
2. Courses are to Be divided among three areas
- at least one of which must be in the humanities such as Art, Bible, History, English, Music or Speech
3. Minimum 9 hours of 3000/4000 level classes in each area.
4. A student must declare a major in interdisciplinary studies before reaching 96 hours.
5. The student must meet minimum hours of 126 in order to graduate.
Lets get started! Or do you need more information?Apply Now Visit Campus