An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science with Gaming and Animation will:
1. Recognize the ethical and appropriate use of technology, and apply the theories and principles of Computer Science to effectively solve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
2. Exhibit the ability to adapt to new environments, apply research methodologies, and to learn independently.
3. Work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to describe complex ideas and logical arguments in a clear, concise manner using both written and oral communication.
4. Demonstrate understanding of the game development process, including asset creation and modeling, game design, animation, and software development using at least one contemporary game engine application programming interface.
5.Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the liberal arts, and an ability to think, act, and communicate from a Christian worldview in all areas of life.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 24 hours lower division courses
- CMSC-1003 - Introduction to Information Technology
- CMSC-1113 - Programming I
- CMSC-1123 - Programming II
- CMSC-2133 - Object Oriented Programming
- CMSC-2413 - Introduction to Assembly Language
- CMSC-2423 - Introduction to File Processing
- MATH-1623 - Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
- MATH-2913 - Statistical Methods
2. 7 hours upper division courses
- CMSC-3243 - Computers and Society
- CMSC-3443 - Computer Organization and Architecture
- CMSC-4811 - Seminar in Computer Science
3. 3 hours chosen from
4. 15 hours gaming and animation
5. 27 hours computer science chosen from
- CMSC-3233 - Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis
- CMSC-3423 - Introduction to Computer Graphics
- CMSC-4103 - Data Communications and Networking
- CMSC-4123 - Introduction to Software Tools
- CMSC-4213 - Systems Analysis and Design
- CMSC-4223 - Computer Simulation
- CMSC-4323 - Database Processing
- CMSC-4413 - Operating Systems
- CMSC-4513 - Programming Languages
- CMSC-4713 - Artificial Intelligence
6. 2 hours language chosen from
7. 6 hours, chosen from
- Computer Game Designer/Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst