The International Business major prepares students to work in a global environment, both domestic and foreign. The specialization develops skills for navigating complex international business and management issues, and develops intercultural competencies uncommon among most business students.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree will demonstrate:
1. Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic, clarity, and kindness.
2. An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively in order to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
3. A heightened awareness of values, ethics, and service to others.
4. Knowledge of diversity, opportunity, and complexity within a global society.
5. An understanding of the importance of strategic decisions and their long-term impacts.
6. The development of skills basic to a chosen profession or field of study.
7. An understanding and appreciation of group dynamics and teamwork.
8. The ability to provide leadership for the organizations they choose for careers.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 13 hours lower division
- ACCT-2113 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT-2213 - Accounting Principles II
- BUSA-1211 - Introduction to Business
- ECON-2113 - Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON-2213 - Microeconomic Principles
2. 18 hours upper division
- BUSA-3213 - Business Law
- BUSA-3713 - Business Ethics
- FINC-3313 - Principles of Finance
- INTL-3313 - International Business
- MGMT-3113 - Principles of Management
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
3. 3 hours capstone
- MGMT-4613 - Strategic Management
4. 15 hours specialized international business courses
- INTL-3123 - International Experience
- INTL-4213 - International Finance
- INTL-4413 - International Management
- INTL-4723 - Global Marketing
- INTL-4743 - International Consulting and Development
5. 6 hours of the same modern foreign language
6. 6 hours required business
- ACCT-3313 - Cost Accounting
- INFO-3613 - Management Information Systems
7. 9 hours finance emphasis
- FINC-3513 - Money and Banking
- FINC-4113 - Advanced Financial Management
- FINC-4313 - Financial Markets and Institutions