42 hours, minor required plus 6 hours of same foreign language
The Performing Arts Management major at OC will introduce students to the fundamentals of managing, marketing and fundraising for community arts organizations. Students can tailor their degree program to pursue a particular artistic interest or capitalize on existing talents and skills.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Performing Arts Management will demonstrate:
- Critically minded, ethical management skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-initiative, especially towards the creation of arts based projects.
- An understanding of community engagement and promotional strategies.
- Basic skills in a foreign language.
- Elementary application of consumer analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of artistic principles and performance.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 12 hours common core
- COMM-2823 - Public Relations Principles
- ENGL-3493 - Technical Writing
- MKTG-3313 - Principles of Marketing
2. 6 hours restricted electives
3. 18 hours concentration area
Choose 18 hours in one area as approved by your advisor.
4. 6 hours same foreign language
Take 6 hours of Spanish, Japanese, French, or German
- Community Arts Organization Manager