B.A. Degree in Bible
47 hours, minor required, plus 6 additional hours in biblical languages required
This is a basic program for those preparing for religious service.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible will:
- Demonstrate above average knowledge of the Bible, its chronology and themes.
- Demonstrate the ability to exegete, organize and present biblical subjects in a contemporary relevant manner.
- Demonstrate an above average knowledge of and ability in essential ministry skills such as teaching, counseling, evangelizing and relating to people.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the world beyond the church and an ability to relate to it in a meaningful manner.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 20 hours core courses
- BIBL-2512 - Personal Evangelism
- BIBL-2713 - Introduction to Ministry
- BIBL-3013 - Hermeneutics
- BIBL-3203 - Biblical Exegesis
- BIBL-3823 - Counseling for Ministers
- BIBL-3913 - Homiletics I: Prep & Delivery of Religious Speeches
- BIBL-4753 - Seminar in Christian Ministry
2. 9 hours minimum Old Testament textual courses
3. 12 hours minimum New Testament textual courses
4. 3 hours required non-textual Bible
5. 3 hours other non-textual Bible courses
6. 6 hours, Biblical Languages
A student must take 6 hours of Greek or 6 hours of Hebrew in addition to the above requirements for the B.A. degree.
- Children's Minister
- Youth Minister
- University Professor
For more information, contact:
Dr. Alan Martin