B.F.A. Degree in Photography and Video
This degree is for persons wanting a professional career in the photographic arts with capabilities in fine art, digital and commercial applications.
An OC graduate with a BA in Photography + Video will:
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills as applied to visual communications, artistic expression, and photographic processes.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of photographic, film and art histories.
- Articulate an understanding of one’s integration of faith and design/artistic expression.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and think independently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and creative expression.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
1. 18 hours art core
- ARTS-1103 - Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-1113 - Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1413 - Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-2523 - Form & Communication
- ARTS-3773 - The Business of Branding Yourself
- ARTS-4213 - Open Studio
2. 12 hours art history
- ARTS-2423 - History of Photography and Motion Pictures
- ARTS-3333 - History of Design
- ARTS-3343 - Ancient to Modern Art History
- ARTS-3353 - Contemporary Art
3. 15 hours communication design
4. 18 hrs photography + video
- ARTS-2403 - Digital Photography
- ARTS-3363 - Photography I
- ARTS-3373 - Photography II
- ARTS-3383 - Motion Imagery
- ARTS-4333 - Commercial Studio Photography
- ARTS-4653 - Photo + Video Capstone
5. 9 hours art electives
- Take 9 hours from Art department. Internship with approval by advisor.