James O. Baird

1954

Dr. James O. Baird became president in 1954, and aided by the generous financial support of the Oklahoma City business community, the institution moved to our current 200-acre campus in 1958 and became Oklahoma Christian College in 1959. Dr. Baird led the effort to move Oklahoma Christian from junior to senior college status and to secure accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Under his leadership, the campus expanded and the institution’s net worth and endowment soared, making the Baird presidency the time of “the great leap forward.”

Find OC on:
Feedback